
Hello everybody!
If you're reading this, then you've successfully found my blog! This will be my means of communicating the joys and trials of the mission, so you can join me on the journey! As I write this, I've not yet entered the Argentine field. Actually, I'm sitting in my favorite Coffee Shop (Brew.net) which is owned and run by a fantastic missionary couple. However, the time for my departure is most certainly near! I will be leaving on June 25 and will reach Buenos Aires bright and early on June 26th. So far, preparation is going well, and almost everything is in order. I just have a few things to wrap up for School and then packing.
This summer has been an interesting one for me thus far. I've been ruminating and striving a great deal for two things in particular. The first is service and emulating Jesus' servant-hood. I've taken whatever opportunities I've been able to find to serve, but would like to get more involved in participating and leading more-constant service, particularly relationally, and if at all possible, involved in the lives of the lost both here in Abilene and wherever else I go. If you have any thoughts on this, feel free to post a comment by the way! Verses on my heart for this have been Matthew 25:35-40, James 1:27,2:15-17 and 1 John 3:16-18.
The other area I've been trying to grow and practice has been in trusting God. I know He's alive and that He loves me with a crazy-amazing sort of love. However, I have a habit of trying to rely on myself. I'm learning to let go of myself, but I'm still a work in progress. Praise be for a patient, active, relentless God. (Ps 9:9-10, John 1:12, Zeph 3:17)
This trip will very-much provide me with many opportunities to serve. Also, I'll be relying on God in many ways that are new to me, or in ways I've not exercised in a while, so that'll be pretty exciting as well. I'll very likely be talking a bit more about these practices throughout the trip, as they will be a major part of this journey.
Thank you all again for everything. For your support, your friendship, and for sharing this journey with me; through Argentina, and through Life. Also, feel free to comment on any of these posts as this journal is for you to join me, with hopes that God may receive great glory!
I'm greatly looking forward to traveling with you, so stay close, hang tight, and keep on praying! Pray lots!
in His love and my thanks,
Bobby Kessler
No comments:
Post a Comment